The Cason Howell House was built by Cason Howell and his wife Mary, 1870-1874, on 160 acres of farmland acquired by the Howells in 1867. The Howells grew a variety of crops including oats, alfalfa, timothy and fruit trees. They also ran a dairy. The house was originally red brick, and its architecture is Italianate style. Later, it was covered with stucco. Additions have been made to the South and West sides. The property is currently owned by the City of Lakewood and functions as a community center for the residents of Willow Glen Senior Housing. The Cason Howell House has been placed on the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. It is representative of the historic farms, orchards and dairies that existed throughout what is now Lakewood.