7020 W. 13th Ave
The Cline House was built circa 1938. Lakewood pioneers, W. A. H. Loveland and C.C. Welch, owned the land on which it is located, prior to 1900. At that time, land was awarded to railroad developers. The house is what was called a “kit house.” Mr. Cline ordered a kit from either Sears Roebuck or Montgomery Ward. The house was built near the railroad tracks because it was both convenient and economical to carry the materials off the train. The structure has had only minor changes throughout the years. Dennis and Deborah Jones currently own the house. The nearby railroad tracks will be used for the Regional Transportation District’s Fast Tracks Light Rail project.