797 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Belmar Village
The Peterson House, originally located in the Bear Creek Valley, was built 1872-1885 by Levi and Eunice Debrust. The house, an L-shaped two-story ballooned frame with a front gabled roof is of Gothic Revival architecture. Two additions were made in the 20th Century. The Peterson family owned and operated the Lakewood Farm Dairy. Although they held title to the land on which the house was located, the Peterson family never occupied the house. The Army Corps of Engineers later purchased the Peterson House. When the house was scheduled for demolition, the City of Lakewood purchased it and moved it to its current location in Belmar Village. The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981, as being representative of the farming and dairy history of the Bear Creek area.