1275 Ames St.
The Schupp House was built by August Schupp in 1908. Originally used as a farmhouse, the house is a side-gabled family folk house, representative of the craftsman movement. August Schupp ran a cigar store in Denver; however, he wanted his family to live away from the city. The property originally comprised 80 acres, including the tracks where the Interurban ran from Denver to Golden. The Schupps grew most of their own food, and the property also had a vine-covered garden house where Mr. Schupp taught German to his children. The Schupp House represents an early farmhouse in an area where few examples of such a house exist today. The current owner is Bertha A. Drobnick Penn.