2261 Estes St.
The Ward House was originally part of a chicken farm built in 1928. The style of the house is a Depression Era Arts and Crafts farmhouse. It was in use as a chicken farm until 1933. Maude and Sam Huhn first inhabited the house. Maude was divorced from Al Ward. The chicken farm fell upon hard times during the depression, and Maude’s son Milton Ward purchased the property. Maude and Sam moved to a smaller house on the property while Milton and his wife moved to the main house. Milton’s wife complained that the house was a “dump” and that it was “out in the sticks.” Various members of the Ward family continued to live in the house until 1986. Matt and Karen Girard now own the house.